Romans 5:8 , “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
We have been learning God’s attributes and knowing He is A…Almighty, H… Holy, R…Righteous. Great! Some of you asked Commander “what is attribute?” Well, when we say God’s attributes, we are talking about God’s characters or simply speaking, what is God like? Today we will learn another important character of God – L… – Love! Yes, our God is love! God is like love? So, love is like God? Yes, if you know what a perfect love is, you will agree only God can show the real perfect love – we call it agape love. And real love comes from God. Now what is real perfect love? Bible told us Love rejoices with truth, doesn’t like any unrighteousness, love has no complaint, love bears all things, endures all things, and love lasts forever! God’s love is unconditional, even when we were sinners, God already love us, His love is unchangeable and eternal!
Well, someone may ask Commander, where is God’s love, I have never received God’s love, I don’t see it, I don’t get it. Now Commander like to ask all of you, are you seeing God’s love? OK, commander will lead you to see God’s love in three aspects:
- God loves us, He created the world for us. See how amazing the world God created is! Before God’s created Adam and Eve, God had prepared all the trees, vegetables, flowers, living things/animals under the sea, in the sky and on the land. Tell commander what are the most important life essential things? Daniel said, “air, water, and sunlight.” Waah, great! Then how much they cost? Well, air is free, sunlight is free, water may be charged some money from the water company, but originally, God gives raining, which is totally free, as well. You have enjoyed all the things God made, how much you have paid to God? No, we don’t pay anything to God, and His love is unconditional, no matter you are good guy or bad guy, you receive the same air, raining, sunshine. The only thing we can say is our God is love!
- God loves us, He gave us the Bible. Because we have the Bible, we then know who God is, who we are, and we are not come from monkey. and because of Bible, we know the truth, we know the sins, and salvation and eternal life. How precious the Bible is, the whole Bible talks about God’s love and the salvation in Jesus.
- God loves us, He sent His one and only son Jesus to us. This is the amazing love, agape love. God created us and prepared a beautiful world for us to enjoy and have a happy life, however, we all sinned, we let sin enter the world, and we have vandalized the world badly. not only in this world we no longer have peace and joy, also we will no longer receive the eternal life, instead, we will face the punishment to be put to the hell. Commander would have Ariel read Bible John 3:16 and Romans 5:6-8 for us. Ariel, there you go! (Ariel read the Bible) “ 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. “ (John 3:16-17)
“6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:6-8)
Thank you, Ariel for reading God’s words to everyone. From these verses, we cannot but admit “Oh! God, your love is an amazing love! You were willing to sacrifice your one and only son to the sinners, like you and me, who deserve to perish to the eternal hell.” When Jesus was crucified on the cross, can God send angels to rescue Him? Sure, He can, but why He didn’t rescue Him? Because it was His plan of salvation to the world to show His love. God send His son to the world not to condemn the world, instead, God wanted Jesus to be our atonement, so that we can be reconciled with God and resume our intimate relation with Him. No one likes to die for a bad guy, but the Lord Jesus, God sent Him to die for us, when we were still sinners, the bad guys – this is the indescribable and the uniquely amazing love God demonstrates for us! Just God loves us so much, He didn’t want to see the men and women He created will perish forever, therefore, He even sent His own Son to the world as a human form and died on the cross as the atonement for our sins. We don’t pay anything or work hard for the salvation, instead, we only have to believe in Jesus to have the eternal life. Is that easy? Yes, just all because God loves us.
In summary, God loves us from three aspects: 1. He created the world for us; 2. He gave us the Bible; 3. He sent His only Son to die for our sin so that we can be saved.
Now, you know God loves you, how are you going to respond to His love? Commander have three suggestions for you:
- Believe in Jesus and trust in Him – understanding it is God’s unique love to you, you are willing to accept it and let Jesus be the Lord for you life, so that you can call God heavenly Father, you become God’s children. Boys and girls, if you haven’t accepted Jesus as your Savior, Commander encourage you to accept Jesus today. Hit the button, and let Commander know it, so that Commander can pray for you.
- Love to read God’s word – the Bible, so that you can know more about God with His love and His commands. Obey His commands cheerfully and faithfully, share His love to others by your loving to others.
- Take good care and appreciate the natural resources God gave to us, such as water, food. And never mess with the environment and the nature.
- And all in all, love God and serve Him with all our heart, our soul, our mind and our strength. In return to God’s love, you also like to show your love to God, just like in your family, you are willing to show love to your dad and mom and help them to do the chores.
Boys and girls, before the closing, let’s say the verse Romans 5:8 together, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”