Boys and girls, We have been learning God’s attributes and knowing He is A…Almighty, H… Holy, R…Righteous, and L…Love. Great! Today we will learn another God’s important character: “Our God is Faithful!” Waah, our God is a God of faithfulness! Who can describe what faithful means? Jed just said, keeping promise truthfully. Very good! Our God is a God keeping all His promises and never break any of them. He is super trustworthy. Well, Commander would like to ask Joyce to read God’s words, Deuteronomy 7: 8-12 for us. Everybody listen carefully when Joyce is reading.
Deuteronomy 7: 8-12: “8 but because the Lord loved you and kept the oath which He swore to your forefathers, the Lord brought you out by a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. 9 Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments; 10 but repays those who hate Him to their faces, to destroy them; He will not delay with him who hates Him, He will repay him to his face. 11 Therefore, you shall keep the commandment and the statutes and the judgments which I am commanding you today, to do them. 12 “Then it shall come about, because you listen to these judgments and keep and do them, that the Lord your God will keep with you His covenant and His lovingkindness which He swore to your forefathers.”
Thank you, Joyce for a good Bible reading! God had promised Abraham that He will make his children become a great nation. Our God is the faithful God, He will keep His oath and lovingkindness to Abraham to thousandth generation if they love Him and keep His commandments. However, just because our God is holy and righteous God, who cannot tolerate any sins, if they disobey Him, then He will forsake them completely and let their enemies control them. Well, commander have two friends Bobby and Debbie, and they are just talking about the faithfulness of God, let’s go to see them.
— Puppet show (God is faithful to Abraham) -–
Now, we all understand that our God is really a faithful God! He always keep His promise and never break any of His promises! God showed his faithfulness to Abraham, He will be willing to do it to you, as well, as long as you fully trust in Him. Hmm… God is faithful, I agree, but it is not a great thing, I am very faithful, I always keep my promises, and never tell any lie or do any cheating. So I am as faithful as God is, right? Well, the difference between my faithfulness and God’s faithfulness is God is able to promise a big thing because He is almighty and He knows what may happen in the future. Therefore, He can promise Abraham that he will have a son from his wife Sarah, and his offspring will enjoy life in the land He promised to Abraham which is Canaan. In addition, God also promised Abraham that there will be a Savior come out from him, who is Jesus. God had also promised us whoever believe in Jesus the Savior, will have eternal life!
Waah, what amazing promises God made! Can we make a promise like that? No way, we can be faithful, and would like to keep our promises with all our best, just we have limited power and we cannot control the future, we don’t know what will happen the next moment, our promise even is a small promise may fail. Several months ago Commander used to promise my grandson Mumu that I will take him to a real and big train ride and visit the big train museum, I mean not the small train ride in the theme park or in the playground. However, several months passed commander still cannot fulfill my promise, because of the coronavirus! No one can expect the pandemic outbreak would be so severe causing such a big disaster for the travel. Because I cannot expect the future and I have only a limited power.
Knowing that our God is super faithful, how should we respond to His faithfulness? Commander have 3 points for you:
- We have to trust in Him, trust His faithfulness. Our God is almighty He is able to keep all His promise to us. In our life, we will face a lot of difficulties or challenges from time to time, Don’t panic, just trust in our God, as the Bible 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, “And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” Early last week, Boys and girls, are you scared when you saw the sun turned to dark and the sky turned to red as it is the end of the age? We have known that the fact is that It is caused by the wild fire from the north. Just no matter how, remember:
- Our God is almighty, He is in control of the world no matter what happens.
- Our God is love, He loves us and we are in His hand.
- Our God is faithful, he will provide a way out for us. Most of all He promised us eternal life, never panic, we just fully trust in Him.
- Our God is holy and righteous, we have to obey His commands. Otherwise, He will forsake us just like He forsook Israelites when they disobeyed Him. Be sure we always walk in His commands and put God in the first in our life.
- Since God is faithful, we need to be faithful, as well. Be faithful to God as well as to the people. We have to be faithful to our parents, to our friends to anybody around us. We will never tell lies and we will keep our promises with our best! When the Holy Spirit work inside us, we will grow the fruit of the Spirit, and we know one of the fruit is faithfulness.
So remember these three points: 1. Trust in God, 2. Obey God’s commands, 3. Be faithful!
Before closing let’s review the memory verse:
Deuteronomy 7: 9, “Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments.”